Territorial Forum 2015
November 17, 2015 the Status of Women Council will be hosting an all YK Candidates forum. Northern United Place at 6-8:30pm.
For those who cannot attend the event in person, we invite you to watch live online at:
Thank you to the GNWT for funding this important event.
New Territorial Questions
Click below to see the answers to two questions we asked territorial candidates.
The responces were required by noon November 16, 2015.
To see what the council has been up to visit us on our Facebook (status of women council of the nwt) or Twitter (statusofwomennt). You can also see what is new in our "What's New" section up top.
Status of Women Council Vision
Equality for women
Communities, workplaces and families
free from violence against women
A society that respects and includes
the diverse experiences and perspectives
of all women
Projects and Services
- Prevention of violence against women and children, and support for victims of violence
- Women and family law issues
- Prevention of harassment in the workplace
- Education and training of girls and women
- Encouraging women’s leadership skills and full participation in community and political decision-making
- Human rights, including human rights education, advocacy, and a better system for those who file complaints
- Special Projects
The Staff of the Status of Women Council of the NWT are here to serve women across the Northwest Territories. The Staff of the Status of Women Council of the NWT are: Lorraine Phaneuf, Executive Director; Annemieke Mulders, Programs and Research Manager; and Samantha Thomas, Community Development Coordinator.