The Status of Women Council of the NWT is not a funding source however we can help direct you to possible funding for your projects.
Family Violence Awareness Week Grants. October 16-22, 2017 is Family Violence Awareness Week. The Coalition Against Family Violence offered community grants. We have expended their funds for this year. We hope to obtain more funding for next year. Please check back in August 2018.
The GNWT has a grant program that was created to provide one-time-only funding for special projects that supports the cultural, economic, political and social participation of women in the Northwest Territories. Special Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following: workshops, conferences, publications, life skills development and support to organisations involved in these activities.
New Horizons for Seniors: Organizations that want to help seniors make a difference in the lives of others and in their communities are eligible to receive federal grants and contributions funding. Projects must be led or inspired by seniors and address one or more of the following five program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
Community-based projects are eligible to receive up to $25,000 per year, per organization, in grant funding.
If you know of any funding that is available for women and would like to share that information please let us know and we can post it on this page.